Mother's Merits are Beyond Compare

05:10 Nala Mazia 0 Comments


¡¡¡Hola!!!

Pardon my long hiatus. I was a bit busy, and barely had a chance to compose an article. Now, I’m on a semester break, so I have plenty of time to write. This time, I’m writing about mother. I know, it’s not Mother’s Day, but there’s no mistake in writing about a mother, is there? Besides, Mother’s Day is supposed to be every day since her merits are beyond compare. Mothers need to be respected and appreciated every single day.

I’m sure we all know how great mothers are. In Islam, mother should be honoured three times more than that a father. It’s due to the difficult tasks a mother does for her children, even since they are still in the womb. Here is the hadith.
It was narrated that Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “A man came to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, who among the people is most deserving of my good company?’ He said, ‘Your mother.’ He asked, ‘Then who?’ He said, ‘Your mother.’ He asked, ‘Then who?’ He said, ‘Your mother.’ He asked, ‘Then who?’ He said, ‘Then your father.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhari, 5626; Muslim, 2548)
Al- Hafiz ibn Hajar said: “Ibn Battaal said: what this means is that the mother should be honoured three times more than the father. He said, that is because of the difficulties of pregnancy, then giving birth, then breastfeeding."

Moreover, when mother gave birth to us, she is in between the death and life. No wonder Allah makes a mother died due to delivering baby a syuhada, the same level with those who died in a war defending Allah’s religion. Subhanallah.

Guys, don’t hurt her even just a slight. The chastisement for hurting mother will be very hard. In one hand, doing good deeds to mother will be given marvellous rewards. So, as long as your mother is still by your side, please her. I’m not as lucky as you whose mother is still there for you, but I still can show my obedience by sending her prayers every day. You know what? I listened to a song by Maher Zain titled The Number One for Me, and it slapped me so hard that I cried. Have a look at the piece of the lyric.

I was a foolish little child, crazy things I used to do, and all the pain I put you through, Mama now I’m here for you. For all the times I made you cry, the days I told you lies, now it’s  time for you to rise, for all the things you sacrificed. Oh, if I could turn back time rewind, if I could make it undone, I swear that I would, I would make it up to you. Mum I’m all grown up now, it’s a brand new day, I’d like to put a smile on your face everyday

My heart was aching when I was listening to this song. I know I didn’t do much for my mom back then, but I wish I had. I didn’t think that my mom would go that soon. I had been given over 16 years to be with my mother, and it should’ve been enough to please her and be obedient to her. However, I didn’t use my time efficiently. Now that I’ve lost her, I wish I didn’t do those foolish things that put her though pain. All I can do now is be a salihah (agreeable, pious) daughter and pray for her.

Pals, I’ve shared how I regret my inadequate obedience to my mother when she was still around. I hope after you read this, you will treat your mom well if she is still here. Read another writing about mother here to get motivated. If your mom has been by God’s side, then be a good kid for her, and send her prayers every day. Don’t worry, we still have the chance to make up our mistakes in many ways, insyaallah! ;)

0 comments: