Seek Help Through Patience and Prayer

17:49 Nala Mazia 0 Comments



There have been terrible crimes occurring around my living place lately. Theft, deception, and even gashing were uttered to be incessant. Maybe to say it's incessant is overrated, but it describes how common these things are nowadays around me. I've been kind of insecure since then. Such terrible crimes had never happened this often before. At least in my hometown, and in this city where I'm staying now, which is only an hour riding from my hometown.

It's even more dreadful when I heard that two friends of mine had lost their bags along with money, gadgets, and important letters. Ironically, it happened when my friends were praying in a masjid. Masjid is supposed to be a sacred place, where ones beg for God's forgiveness on everything they've done wrong. I know, criminals are criminals regardless of where they commit crimes, but stealing in a masjid is just too ironic. They've completely gone round the bend and seem to be ready for hell.

I felt sorry for my friends and for the thief. My friends suffered loss, moreover with the missing of their SKHUN (a letter states student's national final exam score, given at graduation. It's usually needed as an attachment in registering to higher school, educational programs, and seeking job). I also pitied the criminal, as they had gone wrong (moreover, in a sacred place). There must be a reason why they stole, either they was forced to fulfill their needs or something else. However, stealing is never considered right. Ever.

Another crime happened to my friends is deception. My friend almost became one of the victims. One day, she got a text message from someone claimed to be a senior who asked her to send her classmates' phone number. Without any suspicion, she did it. Just then, her classmates got a strange text message claimed to be another classmate of theirs. Luckily, some of them spotted the oddity of the message, so they crosschecked with the real classmate whose name was claimed by the criminal. Eventually, they all knew they had been tricked and they were pulled away from being victims. Once they believed the sender, they would be asked to send some amount of communication charge (usually hundred thousand to million rupiah in amount).

The most inhumane crime occurred is gashing. Can you imagine, you are riding back home from campus at night, and suddenly get gashed by unknown people who then rob you? The robbery might not be something new, but gashing first? The gang has been haunting everyone in this city. Sometimes, the gang just gashed someone without taking anything from him or her. It seemed like they enjoyed gashing people. Sounds like psychopath. Or maybe they are actually GTA maniacs who want to bring the game to life? Ridiculous. It's not San Andreas, it's a peaceful city in Indonesia.

There's no safe place in this world, is there? All those occurring remind me to be even closer to the God almighty, Allah SWT. Indeed, there's no safe place, but I have Allah who is always there for me. As long as I'm under His shade, Insha’Allah, I'll be all right. Whatever happens to you, let you come to Allah as the first to ask for help.

And seek help through patience and prayer, and indeed, it is difficult except for the humbly submissive [to Allah] (Surah Al-Baqara 2:45)

May it be useful for us :)

0 comments: