What's More Precious Than Gemstones?

13:29 Nala Mazia 0 Comments



I'm pleased that many muslimah (Muslim girls) have worn hijab (veil/scarf) nowadays. It seems like the number of veiled Muslim girls is increasing. However, some of us are still unsteady in wearing hijab. So, it's kind of ironic. While I'm pleased to the fact that veiled girls increasing, this other fact makes me concerned. Why won't we persist on wearing hijab?

Well, I'm not a perfect Muslim. I'm trying to be, but I know I'm still far from one. I share my thoughts here not to be imperative or patronizing, but to embrace you girls to learn together. I'm just very sad to know some of our sisters take off their hijab, and put it on again sometimes. Or worse, they wear immodest clothes instead. As a sister of those Muslim girls, I feel embarrassed for them and sad at once.

Hey beautiful ladies, don't you see that you're too precious to show your body to those who aren't eligible for you? Let's read again what Muhammad Ali said to his daughters about this (also read: Just Tryna Be Better).
"... everything that God made valuable in the world is covered and hard to get to. Where do you find diamonds? Deep down in the ground, covered and protected. Where do you find pearls? Deep down at the bottom of the ocean, covered up and protected in a beautiful shell. Where do you find gold? Way down in the mine, covered over with layers and layers of rock. You've got to work hard to get to them. Your body is sacred. You're far more precious than diamonds and pearls, and you should be covered too."

It's more alarming that this phenomenon happens around me in Indonesia, where wearing hijab is no longer a problem. While in other countries where Muslims are just a minority, they've been persistent to wear hijab. Such an ironic, but this is the fact.

Girls, have you got the point? I hope you get the light, and find the better way. If you haven't worn hijab, start now. If you're veiled already, be persistent. If you've been persistently wearing hijab, make sure you dressed appropriately as Allah ordered. If you've been doing so, keep doing, and always improve yourself.

Let's cover our beautiful body! Remember, we are far more precious than gemstones! :)

0 comments: