Blessing in Disguise

05:05 Nala Mazia 0 Comments



That idiom is one of my favourites. Although I have experienced many blessing in disguise things, I’m always astonished to realize the blessings. That if I found out the disguised blessing, which I always try to. Speaking about blessing in disguise, I have a phenomenon in thought. Are you wondering what it is?

Mocking and making fun of friends are common things around me. Of course, those are done for fun, we don’t really mean to insult. Self-praising is also usual, but once again, it’s just for jokes. Doing those things somehow make us closer as friends.

However, sometimes people can feel insulted by the jokes addressed to them. Who knows they smile outside, but hurt inside? This can be either they are too sensitive, or their friends have gone too far. Both are not virtuous. For those who likes making fun of friends (just for kidding), I beg please mind your words. Think first whether it’ll be okay for the people you are addressing. For you who are too touchy about your friends’ jokes, I have a special advice.

To begin with, my friends often criticize me of being crazy about pink. They show their disapproval in hilarious way that shows they don’t hate me. I’m always “bullied” in class, because of my predilection to pink, and girly stuff. Please note that quotation in bullied. By bully I mean is not serious bullying cases, it’s just how I express my friends’ way of joking. Sorry, I cannot find another proper word to describe it. We are used to calling that kind of kidding bullying (we use this term as parody, don’t take it serious. Of course, I’m not suffering from bullying). Sometimes I’m annoyed too with my friends’ jokes, because I have my right to like or have or wear whatever I want to. But, hey, I know that they are just having fun with me! The point is, with everyone mocks you, you get your conceit pressed down. 

Now, let’s contemplate. My friends and I like claiming ourselves to be great people. For instance, I like declaring that I am a princess; I am Princess Aurora, and so on. If my friends just admitted it, I would be surer and surer that I am beautiful, graceful, and honourable just like a princess. Eventually, it would grow my vanity. I would be bigheaded, and vain. How fortunate I am that my friends never agree with my claiming!

See? I am fully aware that my friends have helped me to keep my vanity in check. That is the blessing in disguise I meant. My friends might not realize that they’ve saved me from arrogance. I secretly thank them very much for doing so. You know, just a little arrogance can destroy all the virtues you’ve done. Can you imagine how dangerous arrogance is?

Therefore, for you who are often hurt by your friends’ jokes to you, please bear my words in mind. Their insults are actually blessings in disguise! Try to see the blessings before you jump into conclusions. You may be astonished and grateful by then.

0 comments: