A Week Is a Long Time in Politics

04:59 Nala Mazia 0 Comments



Hey, Pals!

This time I want to share my thought that was actually my inner conflict. This has something to do with politics. To be honest, I hated politics, and I didn’t want to involve in it. That is why I didn’t take International Relation as my major although part of me wanted to. All this time, from my point of view politics is about corruption, clean hands, and dirty tricks. I used to think that politics is not important. Well, that is a childish thought of me.

Now, as I looked around, and be more critical to surrounding issues, I’ve changed my mind. I am aware that no aspect of my life can be spared from politics. Although politics still can’t be spared from dirty tricks, I now agree that politics is important. I don’t mind being the part of it. In fact, I want to be the part of it by joining Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Hope Allah grants my wishes. Amiin. Mucha suerte para mi :))

It is funny how things change in a few months. Well, in politics it’s natural. An idiom says a week is a long time in politics, which means that in politics, many changes can happen in a short space of time. Now, I try not to be indifferent about politics. Let alone I am a university student now, which means I need to be more sensitive with such issues. I realize that my mind doesn’t magically think critically about it in a blink of eyes. That is why I’ve been reading many political articles lately. In addition, I join a student press activity, which demands my critical thinking. You can see I’m working on my mind right now.

This is just something that popped up in my head months ago, but I just got time to write now. Unfortunately, just as I reconsider politics, big (yet again, full of tricks) occurrences in politics field are happening. No, no, I’m not holding back my words. The other way around, it’s kind of intriguing to follow.  I hope this will be the milestone for more-mature me.
Please wish me luck ;)

0 comments: